AngularJS Tutorial for Beginners:
Author: Syed Arshad Sultan
AngularJS – Get Started
What is AngularJS?
- Quick & Faster Application (SAPs).
- Open Source, completely free.
- Large Community.
- MVC Supported framework.
Advantages of AngularJS:
The advantages of AngularJS are:
- AngularJS provides the capability to create a Single Page Application (SPAs) in a very clean and maintainable way with MVC.
- AngularJS provides data binding capability to HTML.
- Easy unit testing.
- AngularJS uses dependency injection and makes use of separation of concerns.
- Reusable components.
- AngularJS the developers can achieve more functionality with short-codes.
- Supported by Google.
- REST friendly.
AngularJS General Features:
- AngularJS is a efficient framework that can create Rich Internet Applications (RIA).
- AngularJS is open source, completely free, and used by thousands of developers around the world. It is licensed under the Apache license version 2.0.
AngularJS Core Features:
The most important core features of AngularJS are:
- Data-binding:It is the automatic synchronization of data between model and view components.
- Scope:These are objects that refer to the model. They act as a glue between controller and view.
- Services:AngularJS comes with several built-in services such as $http to make a XML Http Requests. These are singleton objects which are instantiated only once in app.
- Filters: These select a subset of items from an array and returns a new array.
- Directives:Directives are markers on DOM elements such as elements, attributes, CSS, and more. These can be used to create custom HTML tags that serve as new, custom widgets. AngularJS has built-in directives such as ngBind, ngModel etc.
- Templates:These are the rendered view with information from the controller and model. These can be a single file (such as index.html) or multiple views in one page using partials.
- Routing:It is concept of switching views.
- Dependency Injection: AngularJS has a built-in dependency injection subsystem that helps the developer to create, understand, and test the applications easily.